Greetings all! Hope you’re enjoying spring and the Commonwealth Games and that pleasant little lull before we begin the frenetic run up to Christmas (!). Now, just a few bits and pieces I thought I’d share:
· There’s a great competition (actually there’s several great competitions!) at She Inspires with two prize-packs of books to be won (each pack containing Each Way Bet, Broken and The Family Tree). Competition closes on the 5th December 2010. Good luck!
· There’s also an article on midlife there, penned by yours truly. Simply click HERE
· On a more serious note, for those interested, The National Times published an article of mine regarding Matthew Newton, and his apparent predilection towards abusive behaviour.
· The reviews on Sticks & Stones have been great, which bodes well for perhaps another chapter in Maddie’s life. But I’ll need a year or so to get over it all. Thanks to everyone who sent feedback regarding the book - much appreciated.
· And a quick reminder for anyone interested in the subject matter for the new non-fiction book (The Invisible Women, and other remarkable phenomena of middle-age), the blog is at http://themiddle-agedspread.blogspot.com and don’t forget the survey, which I’ve extended until the end of next month (mainly because I can’t work out how to close it, but I will soon!).
· And, finally, believe it or not I’m now on facebook AND on twitter! After a long time resisting the technological revolution I’ve come to realise it’s actually quite pleasant (if a little daunting), especially for people like authors who don’t spent much time in company! So feel free to join me, or follow me, or poke me, or whatever...
Cheers, Ilsa Evans